Not Your Grandma’s Quilt
When you say the word quilt many things come to mind: grandmothers, olden days, heck, even toilet paper. Yet modern and cool aren’t usually two things that are generally correlated with quilts or quilting, though perhaps unfairly so. There are a wide range of quilts out there that will match a more modern style of decor while embracing the traditional aspects of the craft as well. Here are a few that are cool, colorful and even fun.
- Farm Field Quilt by BooDilly- This quilt was inspired by fields and utilitarian blankets.
- River Appliquéd and Embroidered Quilt by BooDilly- Resembling a children’s storybook illustration, this quilt is simple and cute.
- Modern Studio Quilt by BooDilly- This quilt almost looks likes circuitry.
- Soft Maps by Emily Fischer- These quilts will cost you a pretty penny but they are amazing recreations of real maps.
- Cathedral Window Quilt by paper.string.cloth- This beautiful quilt mimics a stained glass window.
- Swirly Rose Applique by Denyse Schmidt- Get a modern take on the “whig rose” pattern with this pricey quilt.
- Storm Windows by Jacquie Gering- If you’re looking for simple, this quilt blends basic black and white elegantly.
- Love Beads Modern Quilt by Mackenzie Daniels- You can find the pattern for this quilt in the book The Modern Quilt Workshop.
- Modern Rainbow Garden Quilt by Twinfibers- This quilt mixes a latticed framework with cute tree-lined fabrics.
- Sunny Tiered Quilt by Molly at PurlBee- This quilt is easy to sew and adds a bright layer of modern color to any bedroom.
- Modern Munki Munki Martian Quilt by filminthefridge- The simple patterns and bright colors make this quilt a standout.
- M64 by Jimmy McBride- This is meant to be a child’s quilt but the stellar inspired design is so amazing it’s perfect for adults too.
- Wedding Quilt by Molly at PurlBee- Who wouldn’t want a quilt like this as a wedding gift? Visit the site and you’ll learn how to make your own.
- Donkey Kong Quilt by Carolina Patchworks- Even nerds have a quilt to love with this great work.