20+ Awesome Blogs for Summer Party Planning
With summer in full swing, parties of all kinds, from holiday celebrations to weeknight BBQ’s, abound. If you want to plan a fun summer get together you can find a little help getting creative, coming up with recipes, mixing drinks and hanging up some pretty decorations from these great party planning blogs. Of course, you’ll likely find tips and ideas you’ll want to try out year round.
- Thoughtfully Simple: Check out this blog for party theme ideas and some general tips to help you host a party your friends will remember for years to come. I found out there is a National Margarita Day, which I will be celebrating from now on.
- P Is for Party: You’re bound to find a few inspirational photos on this site.
- Creative Odds n’ Ends: I feel like a large part of the things on this blog are more for weddings, but hey, that’s probably the biggest party most of us will ever throw, so I put it in.
- Mix Mingle Glow: I’m not a huge fan of everything on this blog, but I did see a few ideas worth passing on.
- The Party Dress: Here, you’ll find themed photo sets for a wide variety of parties, including some that are perfect for the warm days of summer and outdoor dining.
- Celebrations at Home: There are some very cute and creative ideas on this blog that would be perfect for a summer wedding or a party.
- Stem: While it’s likely that not everything here will be to your taste, there are a number of great DIY projects that could reduce the cost of a wedding or birthday party.
Food and Drink
- Hot Mess Cooking: I have to confess, I included this primarily because the name made me laugh. There are some pretty decent recipes for entertaining here as well, things that even picky eaters wouldn’t decline.
- My Jello Americans: If you think Jello shots are only the fare of college frat boys and low-class bars you might reconsider after seeing this blog. It presents beautiful and creative Jello-based drinks that would make a fun addition to any party.
- Cocktailians: Love cocktails? Read this blog for news, recipes and updates on everything booze-related.
- Bakerella: I think it must be the child in me, but I adore the bee pops on this site. While you’ll find a good deal of recipes for more child-friendly cakes and desserts, there are plenty of others that would keep adults happy as well.
- Cupcake Bakeshop: I don’t know too many people who are anti-cupcake and they’re usually a safe bet for party fare. This blog is full of amazing recipes that don’t seem too hard to make.
- The Blushing Hostess Cooks: Your guests will swoon for the delicious recipes presented on this blog.
- Let’s Entertain: Find recipes, drinks and decorating ideas on this blog.
- Easy Entertaining at Home: There are a lot of pretty basic things on here, but still worth checking out.
- No Fear Entertaining: This blog is full of recipes, menus and drinks that look sooo delicious.
- At Home with Kim Vallee: This blog has a more general entertaining theme and as such you’ll not only find recipe and party ideas but links to products that can make your home cuter than ever.
- Tangarang: If you’d like to combine your love of crafting with entertaining, this blog offers some pretty good ideas.
- Swanky Tables: I think this blog is supposed to be about fancy tables but mostly it’s full of delicious cocktail recipes.
- Head of the Table: Not everyone cares about having a perfectly laid table for a party, but if you do, you’ll find some inspiring ideas here.
- Hostess with the Mostess: If you’re looking for a fun theme for your party, this blog is chock full of them and great photos to go along with them to show just what you can do with a little creative planning. One of my personal favorites is the chocolate nests holding fresh fruit in the Woodland party section. They’re meant for a child’s party but they could be cute at any event.
- The Creative Party Place: Most of the content of this blog is geared towards children’s parties, but there are still a few adult party ideas hanging around as well.
- Create My Event: Again, this blog has more ideas for kids than adults, but some are cute enough to remember, like the candy mortar boards made of licorice, chocolate and Reese’s cup.
- Everyday Celebrating: Find small ways to turn your everyday event into a memorable one here. Lots of ideas for kids, but some might translate well for adults too.